Back in the first week of January, instead of starting new year’s resolutions, I decided on a 13-week goal instead, inspired by the Self Journal. The journal use has dwindled a bit, to be honest, but I’m still going strong with my goal roadmap. In my “real life” as a therapist, I’ve been trained to write SMART goals (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-based) for my patients, but of course, I have never written one for myself. Until now, that is.
Goal: To run the Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon in 2:00-2:10 time.
Progress Goals & Action Plan:
- Run a 10k in <1 hour (My First 5K/10K next week!)
- Run 180 bpm at least 1x/week
- Speedwork 1/week
- Read about speed training
- Stay within 80% of my weekly training plan mileage (Hal Higdon Novice 2)
- Stick to logging miles
- Plan for runs
- Maintain <18 lbs body fat in February & March
- Stick to weekly meal planning
- Reduce alcohol consumption
- Drink more water
Barriers so far have been a week off of training while sick and that drinking water is always a challenge. The half is March 11th, so I’ll keep you posted on how training is going.